- Reduction – Simplify the task the user is trying to do.
- Tunneling – A step-by-step sequence of activities that guides the user through the behavior.
- Tailoring – Provide feedback to the user based on their actions.
- Suggestion – Provision of suggestions to the user at the right moment and in the right context.
- Self-monitoring – Enables the user to track his own behavior to change his behavior to achieve a predetermined outcome.
- Surveillance – Observes the user overtly in order to increase a target behavior.
- Conditioning – Relies on providing reinforcement (or punishments) to the user in order to increase a target behavior.
When designing your experiences, consider these strategies to direct the behavior of your customers for better experiences.